I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. I’m wary of companies whose interviews don’t feel like they gather real information about my skills. Equally wary of companies whose interviews suggest they only value coding skills without addressing interpersonal skills, communication skills, etc.
- What a good technical interviewer will ask (blog post)
- What companies really mean when they say they’re looking for “passionate” developers (podcast episode)
- Things companies say, and what they actually mean (article)
- An anecdote on why working well with others is an important value in software development (article)
- Science on why valuing diversity is a vital ingredient for innovative thinking (article)